VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Seymour Avalanche Testing · Sunday, March 18th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Mar. 18th, 8:00 am
Avalanche conditions are supposed to be high this weekend so maybe we can get something going. The plan is to find a short hill likely to go, but where the consequences of it going are not so serious, then try to make it go. Friday might be better for this, but Sunday is supposed to be sunny, so going for Sunday.
If we did skis or snowshoes this would probably result in going far enough to actually get in actual dangerous avalanches instead of just small test avalanches, so we will be doing just boots, though Carla might bring snowshoes. Gaiters are highly recommended. Avalanche gear is totally optional because we don't plan to get in stuff big enough to get buried.
I have room for three passengers and I prefer to pick up people near UBC but anywhere between UBC and Seymour will probably work.
Shuyu & Patrick: So far I have two people to ski with, which is getting close to a carload. If you two want to downhill ski that would work except it's probably pricy with lift tickets plus gear rental.
As I seem to be doing downhill skiing, I probably won't be trying to set off avalanches...
Email me if interested.