VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Red Heather + Round mountain Ski (Hopefully!) · Sat. Dec. 4th - Sun. Dec. 5th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 4th
End: Sunday, Dec. 5th
UPDATED NOV. 23RD!!!
Let's go skiing/wintercamping/even snow shoeing! woo!
Lou and I are co-leading an overnight trip up to Elfin Lakes/Red Heather Hut/Round mountain! There are 3 options for you anywhere from total beginner friendly to intermediate:
-Lou and I take a group of people who have hopefully skied before and on Saturday we ski from Diamond back parking lot up past Red Heather hut, summit Round mountain, and keep going towards elfin lakes and camp there! There is a hut at Elfin Lakes but I'm pretty sure it's still closed.
-On Sunday we ski back with options to do laps around Round Mountain.
-If you're doing this option, it'd be great if you have skiied (or split boarded :P) before and ideally you have your AST1. If you dont have AST just convince us that you'll stick to the path and do you very best to get a tranceiver/beacon, probe, and shovel (can rent these from the voc)
-First time on skis? That's a-ok! Join the steps to the neve trip (lead by Julia) for their Red Heather day trip on Sunday! You should probably read their trip page now... and then eventually... ski the neve traverse!
-First time on your skis but not sure if you want to commit to doing the neve just looking for a nice beginner friendly day trip to red Heather?? Great! Join the steps to the neve group just for the day to ski/splitboard/or even snow shoe up to Red Heather hut for the day! AST1 not required, avi gear (tranceiver/beacon, probe, and shovel) not required unless you plan on going above the hut
for any/all options:
The pre trip meeting will be on zoom Nov 30th at 6:30pm, it will be one big meeting for all 3 trips so you can pick your option then if you're unsure. A link will be emailed out to everyone interested/comitted to either trip.
woohoo lets go
that's all :)