VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Pelion Ski Ascent · Sat. Apr. 2nd - Sun. Apr. 3rd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Apr. 2nd
End: Sunday, Apr. 3rd
Spring has arrived so it is time to climb mountains. I have for the longest time wanted to climb Pelion. Pelion is approached from the Sigurd Cr. trail, which start at sea-level, so it is a fair amount of elevation gain. The final summit is a class 2-3 scramble, so it might be challenging.
Total distance: 21 km
Total elevation: 2200 m
This is not a beginner friendly trip, you should know how to ski and have basic mountaineering skills.
Driving over the bridge at 6 am on Saturday. If you plan to stop at Timmies, you should leave earlier. We will all meet at the trail head.
Cross Squamish R at km 33 and follow the Ashlu main for 2 km to where it crosses Ashlu Cr. Shortly thereafter a spur branches left (Park here). This the at the junction of Ashlu Main and A200.