Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
AST 1 Plus - Block 3 · Sat. Feb. 12th - Sun. Feb. 13th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Emma Teply
Start: Saturday, Feb. 12th
End: Sunday, Feb. 13thDescription:
We're partnering with Canada West Mountain School to offer discount AST-1 Plus courses! VOC members get a lovely discount of more or less 25% off. (Cost: 245$ + GST)
This course will be split into three sessions:
- Wednesday: 2 hr Zoom theory session (6-8 pm)
- Saturday: Day at Mt Seymour (no lift pass)
- Sunday: Day at Whistler/Blackcomb (if you don't have a season's pass you can buy a backcountry access pass for 62$)
To be guaranteed a spot on this trip, you must signup and pay at the link provided. You are responsible for transportation for all sessions. You can use the message board link provided to find rides.
This link will provide you with all the deets!
Plenty of VOC trips in the winter require at least AST-1 for safety and it's a smart idea to take it if you want to travel into avalanche terrain :)
(this post was heavily inspired by Christopher Barry's one last year! thank you!!)
Posted: 2021-12-09 21:39:51
Last modified: 2021-12-09 21:46:49