Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Tele School 2022!!!! · Saturday, January 22nd
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Vanny Pornsinsiriruk
Start: Saturday, Jan. 22nd
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 18th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: ZoomDescription:
After a year-long COVID hiatus, tele school is back!
Are you interested in learning how to free your soul utterly and completely? It's as simple as telemark skiing... at least once you figure out how. Whether you've never skied before or are a tele expert, Tele School is a great opportunity to come practice your soul-freeing and free-heeling, or help induct others into our cult community. Not only is tele-skiing incredibly fun and graceful, most of our ski rental fleet is telemark.
This event will take place at Grouse Mountain on the North Shore. Groups will be organized with a teacher based on the following skill levels:
Beginner 1 - You have never skied - or almost never.
Beginner 2 - Know how to do snowplow AND parallel turn on downhill skis, but never telemark skied.
Intermediate - Know how to do a telemark turn, and want to improve technique/linking turns.
Expert - You should help instruct :)
All levels - If you have a car, PLEASE indicate this. This trip is obviously only going to happen if we can all make our way up to the hill. We may not need all the cars who have signed up, but we want to know that we have space for everyone!
Here's what it looks like for a rough idea:
Left: me, some Duffey backcountry turns. Right: not me duh. But this is what we can all aspire to be. PC: Mikael Garcin
Co$$$t: You will need to pay for a reduced cost lift ticket, and each group will be responsible for paying for their instructor's ticket (they are volunteering their time after all). The tickets will be approximately $65-70 (your ticket + portion of instructor's ticket- we will know exact amount closer to date), and instructors will be free! Of course, tack on a few bucks for gas costs for your driver.
Payment: TBA, likely will just be e-transferring me as I will be paying for all bulk tickets. This may sound sketchy, but as the treasurer, that's what yall did to pay your membership fees all of COVID anyways.
If you have questions you think someone else might have, please post on the message board thread! Of course, feel free to email me directly too.
Posted: 2021-12-13 10:58:19
Last modified: 2022-01-13 12:10:29