VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[Steps to the Neve] Part 2: Easy Day Trip · Saturday, January 29th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jan. 29th, 6:00 am
End: Saturday, Jan. 29th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jan. 25th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom (MANDATORY)
- Experience needed: being able to ski green-blue runs in the resort
- Skills gained: skinning, layering, reading and understanding the avalanche forecast, familiarity with avy equipment, and possibly survival skiing
Join us for a fun day of backcountry skiing! Location TBD, but will be an accessible spot for those just starting out backcountry skiing. This trip is intended for those taking part in the Steps to the Neve series - (see the Steps to the Neve trip description). So, signup priority will be given to people who have been on previous Steps to the Neve Trips.
This will be a chill, fun day where people can gain more experience in the backcountry on skis. We'll go over some basic backcountry ski trip planning, gear, and practice skinning up and skiing down. We'll cover avalanche basics but this is not an avalanche safety course.
I'm also looking for at least another couple people that can help out! The max number of people going on the trip depends on how many people sign up as helpers.
If you have any questions or concerns, shoot me an email at [email protected] :) Mandatory pre-trip will be over Zoom on Tuesday, January 25.