VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Epic Hollyburn Mountain Snowshoe Adventure · Sunday, January 30th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Jan. 30th, 8:30 am
Are you tired of being in zoom classes all day? Do you want to meet some new people in some beautiful nature? Come snowshoeing to Hollyburn with me! I know there's already a snowshoe trip happening on the 12th, but is there such thing as too much snowshoeing?? I don't think so!
The trail is just under 4 km each way, with an elevation gain of 440m, so it's a decent hike but still pretty beginner friendly! Should take around 3-4 hours total. At the peak there's some beautiful views, and I'll bring my pot/stove so we can have some hot chocolate/tea! I've also read that the trail is steep enough that you can slide down on a garbage bag (or your rain jacket) which could be very fun... (but obviously optional)
Snowshoes/crampons highly recommended, you can rent snowshoes from the VOC room.
No pretrip meeting, but I'll be in contact with everyone over email if all goes well :)