VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intro to Camping [beginner-oriented] · Thursday, June 9th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Jun. 9th, 6:00 pm
End: Thursday, Jun. 9th, 8:00 pm
I have lots of experince car camping and thought there migh be interest in covering the basics for those who havent done it before. This is to gauge interest, I will fill in more details as we get closer.
This is intended for beginners who are interested in camping but havent gotten out yet/are apprehensive about getting out. I will focus more on the basic basics but please bring your questions and we'll try to cover all of them.
I will cover:
- equipment: what you do and DONT need
- food (the best part :0)
- logistics of planning and packing for multiday trips