VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Phelix Hut Spring Skiing · Fri. May. 27th - Sun. May. 29th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, May. 27th, 12:00 pm
End: Sunday, May. 29th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, May. 25th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom
Come Spring Skiing!
Phelix Hut is in a gorgeous alpine valley, surrounded by mountains of varying difficulty. The plan would be to hit some summits if the avalanche conditions are stable, and to cruise on ridgelines if the summits are sketchy. (I will be very conservative, and just do ridgelines if I'm in doubt at all). But there's lots of flatish, alpine country in the 2,000 - meter range that should be very safe no matter what).
Not everyone has to come for the full tree days, either--I just figured that given the time to get to the hut, I would want more time in the alpine. People could also come up Saturday instead of Friday.
For skills, everyone should have at least AST-1 or equivalent avalanche knowledge, unless you are okay just doing chill stuff right by the hut. And for gear, make sure to bring full-on WINTER clothes, because it could be down to -10 at night still, or -10 with wind chill in the alpine.
Thanks for reading, and see some of you there!