VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Phelix Hut (Workhike?) · Fri. May. 11th - Sun. May. 13th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, May. 11th, 7:00 pm
End: Sunday, May. 13th, 11:59 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, May. 9th, 7:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
We will drive up to the trailhead Friday night and camp at the trailhead. Drive will take maybe 3 hours. Saturday morning we will put away the tents because we don't need them any more, put on our snowshoes and our overnight packs and trudge up to our Phelix Hut. Arriving at the Hut around noon we will affix the outhouse toilet seat properly, cut and apply some window trim, and do planning for any other work that we may do this summer, up there. No particular skill is required other than carrying your overnight pack a ways. Club will provide snowshoes.
This weekend coincides with Son of Rock, and you cannot do both trips. Just sayin...