VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
VOC Scavenger Hunt 2022 [Clue #1 is now available] · Fri. Jul. 15th - Tue. Oct. 25th
Warning: This trip is currently underway!
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jul. 15th
End: Tuesday, Oct. 25th
VOC SCAVENGER HUNT 2022
THIS YEAR’S SCAVENGER HUNT IS FINALLY HERE!!!
It’s a great opportunity to embark on an adventure, find new friends, and perhaps learn new skills along the way!!!
CLUE #1 (OUT OF 10):
The Park, Street, and College are all pretty great
But the Bog has your next clue: behind a gate
A scavenger hunt is a game in which the organizers prepare a list defining specific items/destinations. The participants seek to gather or complete all items/destinations on the list. Usually, participants work in small teams, although the rules allow individuals to participate. The goal is to be the first to complete the list. Players take photographs of listed items/destinations or are challenged to complete the tasks on the list in the most creative manner.
In this scavenger hunt, all objectives are accessible by bike or transit from Vancouver. Objectives vary in difficulty and generally get harder as the scavenger hunt progresses.
Follow the clues in consecutive order around the Metro Vancouver area!
How it goes:
- At each objective, you will find a sign with a clue that will lead you to the next objective. It will have a QR code or URL link to a form.
- Take a picture of yourself or your team at the location and submit the form. Please do not remove the sign!
- Once you have reached the end you can email us to claim prizes!
- There will be AMAZING prizes available to the first few groups/people who complete the entire scavenger hunt.
- Extra special prizes will be given to people who complete the entire hunt self-propelled (i.e., using no motors from your doorstep and back again including no public transit).
- Creative selfies are always welcomed and can get extra brownie points. :)
The winners will be announced at the end of October and all finishers must submit their photos via forms by October 25th (see emails below for any questions).
Important things to mention:
- Some of the expected activities are hiking, climbing, and swimming. Note, the VOC provides hiking boots, climbing gear, and other handy gear that you might need for this scavenger hunt.
- The clues are purposely hidden from plain sight to protect them from the weather and the public, however orange flagging is provided near some clues to help in locating them.
- Try not to give away the clues or locations online, but you can use the VOC Message Board or Facebook group to find people to collaborate with.
- The difficulty of some objectives may change over the course of the summer or fall (i.e. later summer season may entail less snow and lower flow).
- Some resources that might be helpful in solving clues: google.com, earth.google.com, hillmap.com, Gaia GPS app, AllTrails app.
Risk is an inherent part of outdoor adventures, but if something seems absurdly sketchy you are probably doing something wrong. Be safe!
If something seems wrong, missing, or impossible please let us know. In addition, we don’t want people to give up because they can’t solve a clue, so you can contact us if you are very stuck.
People you can contact:
Anelia [email protected]
Anton [email protected]
Thomas [email protected]
Alex [email protected]
Tianna [email protected]
Special thank you to the original scavenger hunt creators last year: Jessica Brown, Hannah Bates, and Yyen Gallup