VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Reaching the Black tusk summit! · Sat. Jul. 7th - Sun. Jul. 8th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 7th
End: Sunday, Jul. 8th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jul. 4th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: BBQ
After having consulted with experienced people I think we have a rough plan. Saturday morning we head up to the trail head, which trail we are going up is still not fully descided, but both will lead us to the camping grounds at Taylor Meadows.
Looking at the rescent reports, the campgrounds will almost certainly be covered in snow which mean that we will be sleeping on snow. More information about equiptment etc will be discussed on the pre-trip meeting, but be aware that it will be cold! Also there is a fee of 10$ for camping in Garabaldi provincial park which will have to be paid at the parkinglot when we arrive, so remember to bring cash! Saturday the goal will be to climb the Black Tusk. This is a scramble and because of loose rocks, and the fact that it's a popular climb, bring a helmet, and gaiters for the snow.
Sunday we can summit Panorama peak before we head down to the cars.
OBS: Skiing is optional. I know that some people want to bring their skis to get some July turns, but I will not be bringing mine, so it's up to your own cravings for amount of suffering what you wanna do. Also please go onto the message board and write if you have any kind of experience since I will be limiting the size of the trip depending on this.