VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[workhike] Phelix Hut · Sat. Jul. 21st - Sun. Jul. 22nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jul. 21st
End: Sunday, Jul. 22nd
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jul. 18th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: clubroom
Beginner friendly workhike to Phelix Hut. We'll be replacing a pair of windows and need people to haul them up. If you're not lucky enough to score a window, there'll be plenty of tools and supplies for you to carry up.
Projects include, besides replacing two windows, washing down the interior painted walls to remove soot and mold, varnishing the wood beams, and removing a bird that has made holes in the wall of the Hut. Not exactly glamorous work, but it needs to be done.
The Brian Waddington Hut (Phelix) is huge, so the more the merrier. This is the largest and nicest of the VOC huts, so don't miss the opportunity to come check it out.
Some of us are planning to drive up Friday evening and camp, so we can get started up the trail to the hut before it becomes too skorching hot.