VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Bike to Sooke · Fri. Jul. 13th - Sun. Jul. 15th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : underwhelming demand... should blame the sun
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Jul. 13th, 5:00 pm
End: Sunday, Jul. 15th, 7:00 pm
This trip is re-schedule to the weekend of July 13th-15th.
We'll take 7pm ferry from Tswassen to Swartz Bay on friday, then bike to Victoria. camping or staying at hostel.
Saturday we start early, taking the first ferry and bike to sooke, pass it towards French beach Provincial Park. There's a meadry (brewery for mead) open 12-5pm, and we visit them (hence, the early start). we pitch camp at French beach, and maybe go for evening ride.
Sunday, we're heading back. Depending on our mood, we can check out pot hole park near Sooke, or sip some coffee in Victoria with smelly outfit, or stop-by at farmers' stand. The last ferry is 9pm, but I personally prefer to catch 7pm at latest.
What you need to bring:
an extra set of clothes + jacket for the night
waterbottle 2L (depending on your hydration/dehydration property)
food - though we can do grocer along the way
update: it's a little more like saturaday start with the first ferrt crossing to Tswassen