Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
AST 2 - Block 1 · Sat. Jan. 7th - Sun. Jan. 15th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Sophia Collins
Start: Saturday, Jan. 7th
End: Sunday, Jan. 15thDescription:
We're partnering with Canada West Mountain School to offer discount AST-2 courses! For AST-2, VOC members get a lovely discount of more or less 10% off. (Cost: 610$ + GST)
This course will be held over two weekends (Jan 7/8 and Jan 14/15), with one day of theory and 3 days of field sessions, usually held at Seymour, Whistler/Blackcomb, or Duffey Lake Road region (to be communicated closer to date). See webpage for more details!
You will need to have strong/intermediate skiing or snowboarding ability, backcountry experience and AST-1 or equivalent training to take this course.
To be guaranteed a spot on this trip, you must signup and pay at the link provided. The VOC signup tool is only there if you wish to see who else is planning on doing a session. You are responsible for transportation for all sessions. You can use the message board link provided to find rides.
This link will provide you with all the deets!
*Note that if you cannot make the dates for any of the scheduled VOC AST-2 courses, you are eligible for a discount of 20% on all regularly scheduled Canada West Mountain School AST-1 courses and 10% on AST-2 courses. Email or call Canada West and tell them you are a VOC member if you are interested in this option.
Posted: 2022-10-30 12:09:57
Last modified: 2022-11-01 14:32:56