VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
[Slideshow] Tales of the Inside Passage: maiden voyage of Purple Porpoise · Thursday, November 24th, 2022
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Nov. 24th, 7:00 pm
End: Thursday, Nov. 24th, 9:00 pm
Join us for the third slideshow of the year, this time with long-time VOC members (old-geezers according to the awards history) Krista and Piotr Forysinski!
For their long-awaited honeymoon, Krista and Piotr decided to do something they had never done before: build an expedition rowboat and take her up the beautiful Inside Passage. From a pile of plywood and with lots of help from family and friends emerged Purple Porpoise, a 24-foot, one-of-a-kind expedition rowboat… perfect for two.
Join them to hear stories of whales, bears, storms and other adventures as they rowed from Vancouver to Prince Rupert in the summer of 2022.
Join us on Thursday November 24th at 7pm for a slideshow followed by chit chats and socials.
Location: UBC Irving Barber Learning Centre (IBLC) room 261