VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Wedgemount Lake Dayhike · Saturday, December 3rd, 2022
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Weather Conditions Unsuitable
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 3rd
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Dec. 1st
Pre-trip meeting location: TBD
Exams are approaching, my brain is tired of studying.
Why not go hiking to Wedgemount lake?
This is a super pretty hike with stunning views throughout especially at the (frozen) lake and glaciers around (We won't be venturing there).
This trip will depend on drivers being available and conditions being good.
- Trailhead is a bit past Whistler and will take us ~2hr 30min to reach. Don't we all love a super early morning start
- The hike is pretty strenuous with plenty of steep sections so being relatively fit is important. We will also be snowshoeing and microspikes are strongly recommended.
- This is a winter hike! Temps are averaging around -3°C all day so many layers and waterproof shells are required.
- Hike itself is around 13km Out&Back with 1,200m Elevation gain. We probably have a bit more depending on access to the trailhead.
- If you have doubts about your ability or have any questions regarding the trip feel free to email/text me!
- More details regarding gear, route, approach will be given during the pre-trip.