VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner friendly Hollyburn snowshoe · Sunday, December 4th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Dec. 4th, 10:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: email faff
Come get outside before finals! Hollyburn Mountain is a great place to get some hiking and views in without having to journey too far from Vancouver. This is a very simple trip and would be a good fit if you're new to hiking or winter hiking - all you need is a baseline level of fitness (7.5km round trip, +440m), decent boots, and snowshoes (easy to borrow from the club) or microspikes. I am not known for walking fast.
I will post more details closer to the date, in the meantime details at Outdoor Vancouver: https://www.outdoorvancouver.ca/hollyburn-mountain-snowshoe-trail/
No need for a pre-trip here, I'll send some emails out a week or so in advance. The amount of people we can take will be limited by car spaces. If we don't have enough I'll pick drivers first then go by the committed list. If weather turns out to be truly miserable I'll move or cancel the trip.
Send me an email if you have any questions!