VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Red Rocks/Zion Climbing Extravaganza · Fri. Feb. 17th - Sun. Feb. 26th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Feb. 17th
End: Sunday, Feb. 26th
Pre-trip meeting: Friday, Feb. 3rd, 6:00 pm
Fancy spending your spring break getting spit out of offwidths at Zion? How about a romp up one of these phallic beauties?
If this intrigures you, and/or you have an insatiable thirst for hot desert rocks, come join us! Me, my climbing partner, and two friends are planning a drive down to Red Rocks on the 17th, followed by (possibly?) a couple days in Zion. We'd be looking for a second car group to join us, as this will double the fun.
Re: location and climbing, our plans are still very much in flux so you're welcome to bring your own ideas! The reason for the uncertainty is that there is A LOT OF CRACK that I want to flail on, and not enough time.
I'm a mediocre trad climber who leads ~5.9 but can follow quite a bit harder, so I'm looking to do some longer multi-pitches (Black Orpheus, Rainbow Buttress in Red Rocks, Squeeze Play in Zion). If you're also a trad climber with some experience (you don't have to lead hard, just be knowledgable, and safe) and would like to join our rope team, sign up and shoot me a message!
If you're a sport climber, join anyways! There's plenty of amazing face climbing to be had as well.
The plan so far:
Feb 17/18: Drive to Red Rocks
Feb 19-24: Climb at Red Rocks/Zion, possibly do some canyoneering??
Feb 25/26: Drive to Van