Members can insert new events into the calendar
and signup for trips, but please read the instructions
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Trip-Leading Info Night 2.0 · Wednesday, January 25th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: AJ Dreher
Start: Wednesday, Jan. 25th, 5:00 pmDescription:
UPDATE 1/17: LOCATION IS SWNG 306
Did you miss our trip-leading info night in the fall? Never fear, another oppurtunity is coming soon!
Trips are the heart and soul of the VOC, and organizing and running a trip can be a fun and empowering experience and a great way to meet new people!
Do you have questions about how to lead a trip and what the steps are to do that? Do you have some cool trip ideas you've been on the fence about posting? Are you looking for a way to become more involved and contribute to the VOC? Come to trip leading info night!
We'll go over the process of how to lead a VOC trip from start to finish. Some things we will talk about are:
- Good trip options for first-time trip leaders, and where to find resources and inspiration for trip planning
- How to post a trip on the website and what info you need to give to potential participants
- How to run a pre-trip meeting and how to decide who to take on the trip
- How to manage trip participants as the trip leader and some decisions you might need to make along the way
- Overall, how to run a safe, fun, and smooth trip!
We'll try and make this as interactive as possible, and steer things towards what people are actually interested in learning. We can also help you work through posting your actual trip idea to the trip agenda at the info night!
Hope to see you there! Keep an eye out for an update to the meeting location (will be somewhere at UBC).
Text copied from Anton's fall trip leading info night post, with some additions
Posted: 2023-01-13 15:49:00
Last modified: 2023-01-17 17:36:41