VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Pemberton Icefield Traverse? · Wed. Apr. 12th - Sun. Apr. 16th
Warning: This is a tentative trip
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Apr. 12th
End: Sunday, Apr. 16th
Exam dates are finally out and my first exam isn't until the 22nd of April... So who wants to tick off a ski traverse?
The ideal plan would be to do a route across the Pemberton Icefield (which route exactly is TBD) between April 12th and 16th. Currently considering a 75-80km route from Callaghan to Blanca Lake.
The traverse would be roughly 80km over 4-5 days.
Requirements include AST-1, G1 (or equivalent), winter camping experience, solid ski touring experience, extensive backpacking experience, and general good vibes.
Overall though, the skiing won't be too difficult (I'm only a blue-ish skier) but you'll definitely need to be comfortable with long days of skinning.
This is all tentative, dates and route will be decided on once we've got an interested group together. Ideally, you would also be flexible on start/end days.
Come chat on the message board post that I have linked to and lets get stoked for an epic ski traverse :)
Posted: 2023-02-22 22:10:56
Last modified: 2023-03-12 14:48:21