VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
TippyTop's PCT Finish (Manning Park Day Hike) · Monday, September 25th, 2023
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Weather looks bad, just gonna hike out to the road.
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Monday, Sep. 25th, 7:00 am
End: Monday, Sep. 25th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Sep. 20th, 6:00 pm
For the past 5 months I've been hiking the Pacific Crest Trail, 4200km from Mexico back to Canada, and now I'm almost done! I expect to cross the Canadian Border into Manning Park on September 25th and would love to see some familiar faces waiting on the other side!
The plan would be for cars to leave Vancouver early in the morning for the 2.5h drive to Manning Park, and then a 10km hike from the road into the border. I'll be providing some funds to bring drinks, food, and maple syrup to give any other PCT hikers you see along the way as Trail Magic. We can work out exact timing and cars at the pre-trip, but here is a spreadsheet to get us started.
I'm opening up the committed list now, and will continue sending e-mail updates as things get closer. You can also follow my progress on instagram @tippytop.pct for updates from the trail!
That is all.