Members can insert new events into the calendar and signup for trips, but please read the instructions before posting.
VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.

Rainbow Lake · Sat. Aug. 25th - Sun. Aug. 26th

Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened

  • Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
  • This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
  • Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
  • Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
  • Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
  • Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
  • Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
  • Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
  • Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
  • Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Organized by: Roland Burton.

Start: Saturday, Aug. 25th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Aug. 26th, 6:00 pm


We plan to hike up from the Callaghan Valley side, but there is the opportunity to do a crossover if a carload wants to hike up via the 21 mile creek (Whistler) side.  We might climb Rainbow Mtn, probably Sunday.

I have three ride spaces in our car.  If you want one of these, email me.

If you want to come but you don't have equipment, we can supply a tent, share stove, etc.

This is the same weekend as the long-anticipated Joffre Lakes trip, but as the Joffre trip size is described as 15, and the Joffre signup list currently contains 27, consider this as an alternative, with less driving.

If you have any questions, email me because I don't plan to hold a pre-trip meeting, though I might go and lurk at the Joffre meeting. 

In the unlikely event that our period of summer weather is interrupted for this weekend, we will likely go to Brew instead.


Posted: 2012-08-19 09:35:45
Last modified: 2012-08-19 20:23:23