VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Spring Cycling Tour on Galiano! · Fri. Apr. 7th - Sat. Apr. 8th
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Apr. 7th
End: Saturday, Apr. 8th
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Apr. 4th
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom
Hate biking on flat ground? Like places (re)named after Spanish navigators? Come bike to Dionisio Point Park on Galiano Island! There are many scenic beaches along the way (good swimming spots for those who are brave) and some nice hiking trails at the campground to check out. The plan is to take the ferry from Tsawwassen to Galiano Island on Friday morning, spend the night at Dionisio Point Park Campground, and take the ferry back to Tsawwassen Saturday afternoon. This trip will be reasonably beginner friendly, however the hills on Galiano are not to be taken lightly so I would recommend either some experience on longer rides or a healthy dose of enthusiasm.
15km from UBC to Bridgeport station to catch the 620 bus to Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal
40km from UBC to Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal through Ladner (depending on numbers there may not be enough bike spots on the bus)
30km of very hilly terrain from Sturdies Bay Terminal to Dionisio Point Park
Working bike, helmet, spare tube, front and rear lights, paniers (or an imaginative alternative for carrying gear on your bike)
$30 round trip for the ferry, $5 for the campground
Posted: 2023-03-18 21:20:57
Last modified: 2023-03-19 17:16:29