VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Semaphore Lakes Scramble (Beginner Friendly) · Sat. Aug. 25th - Sun. Aug. 26th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Aug. 25th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Aug. 26th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, Aug. 23rd, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: NO Meeting. Email faff!
Albeit the long drive, Semaphore Lakes area is a beautiful place with a short approach (1.5 hours). Scrambles up to Locomotive and Face Mountains will offer some stunning views of the surrounding alpines and Pemberton Valley. (Read Gunn's scramble book or other TRs will testify this.) We will leave early on Saturday morning, set up our camp after the approach hike to the lake area, probably do Locomotive on Saturday afternoon and Face on Sunday morning (other suggestions of exploring the area is welcomed as well), coming back on Sunday evening.
This is a beginner friendly scramble trip. The hike to the lakes (camp) should be straightforward, getting up to Locomotive shouldn't be a problem. But Face Mountain may involve some moderate scrambling with some exposure, including some snow field travel as well. Good fitness level and not being panic on slippery snow will help.
We can have the pre-trip meeting or not, depending on the sign-ups. Any questions? Feel free to discuss on the message board.