VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Mountain Biking Babies (intro to mountain biking) · Sat. May. 27th - Sun. May. 28th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, May. 27th
End: Sunday, May. 28th
EDIT: trip is full and its been full for a while. I've been forgetting to update this trip post, so if you've signed up and haven't heard anything, that's why. I'm so glad there was so much interest. If this goes well and I have capacity and stoke, I'll look into organizing a second one in June or July and folks already signed up for this one will get to know first.
Hello! I have moved to Squamish and mountain bike a lot! I work as an instructor at Dialed In cycling and thought it would be cool to get VOCers out trying mtb in Squamish!
One half day, either on Saturday or Sunday, around 8am. Till about 1pm including lunch, max 2pm. I was thinking we could have lunch and ice cream at Locavore/Alice and Brohm area. It's a picnic area so you can definitely pack a lunch if you'd rather. It's harder to pack ice cream though...
$40 hardtail mountain bike rentals (with my staff discount) or I think like $60 for a full suspension. You can look it up here. I have a 20% friends and family discount
Instruction by yours truly, for free, but I wouldn't complain if someone bought me ice cream ;). Also if other VOCers are interested in helping out, we can take more people and split up more by skill. My plan was to do a few drills to get some bare foundation and then get riding!! We might even swim at Alice Lake (ooooh, ahhhhh)
As this "trip" is for "babies" we will be staying on greens and blue trails because I'm assuming that most folks have limited mountain biking experience. If folks want to split off and explore, by all means do that! We can all meet up for lunch and ice cream afterwards. I can give trail recommendations for blues and black trails. If you have a bike rack on your car or can borrow one, bring it! It would give us more flexibility on where we bike.
Email me with any questions plz! Ideally not text rn cause life is busy
You can also talk to me about it at Son of Rock :)
Also, if you are a bit more experienced (blues and blacks) and ideally have a car and a bike rack, hmu and we can ride sometime! My schedule varies depending on my vibe but we can figure something out.
Posted: 2023-05-01 07:55:40
Last modified: 2023-05-25 10:19:02