VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Last minute Brew Hut trip · Sat. May. 27th - Sun. May. 28th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
Warning, this trip has been cancelled : Not enough interest
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, May. 27th
End: Sunday, May. 28th
Pre-trip meeting location: E-mail/Whatsapp
Several weeks ago at the huts/trails handover meeting I volunteered to go up to Brew Hut to inspect some damage that was reported to the chimney and a window, as well as to bring up some supplies. Unfortunately life got in the way for a few weeks so I have not been able to get to it until now, but am looking forward to getting back out and maybe showing some new people to the hut as well! We'll be hiking up on Saturday, staying the night in the hut (or in a tent if you prefer), and heading back down Sunday.
We'll be following the summer access trail, so you should be comfortable gaining around 1000m over ~7km while hiking at a reasonable pace. I don't mean anything spectacular by reasonable here, I am not known for speed at the best of times and have been out of commission for a few weeks.
See the wiki for further route details: https://www.ubc-voc.com/wiki/Roe-Brew_Trail
Trip maybe cancelled (or moved somewhere else) if I'm told by Friday that somebody has already done this, or if there's not enough interest. Max 4 people as it's a bit last minute to be coordinating additional drivers/carloads. Feel free to email with any questions!
Posted: 2023-05-24 22:05:50
Last modified: 2023-05-25 19:51:57