VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
VOC Clubs Day(s) Booth (workhike) · Wed. Sep. 27th, 2023 - Fri. Sep. 29th, 2023
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Sep. 27th, 11:00 am
End: Friday, Sep. 29th, 5:00 pm
Club Days are coming up! We're gonna need atleast two or three people at any given time at our club booth, answering questions, spreading stoke, and getting new members signed up! Ideally we'd also have a member of exec in the club room who can take payments and activate memberships, as well as show people around the clubroom and gear rentals.
You don't have to be at the club booth the whole day, or everyday, even an hour between your classes helps and is much appreciated! I'll be sending out a google sheet at a later date where people can sign up for shifts. We will have our booth for all three days so one could be there are much or as little as they like.
-General knowledge of the club, our main trips, our huts, where to find info (website+wiki)
-Knowledge of the signup process (https://www.ubc-voc.com/how-to-join)
-A charged laptop to show said website+wiki, and to help people with the signup process
-Being welcoming and inclusive! Don't assume experience, ask
-Be able to direct people to the clubroom
For the first and last shifts, we'd want people setting up and taking down the club booth. We'll want to bring the club trifold, the bouldering table, maybe a couple journals, some gear, and most importantly perhaps, QR codes for people to easily access important links (website, waivers, discord server). I'll be sending out a spreadsheet closer to the week to those marked interested/committed where people will be able to sign up for shifts and demonstrate availability.