VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Brother of Bushwack [Beginner Friendly??] · Saturday, October 14th, 2023
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 14th, 8:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 11th, 6:45 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom
Have you ever wanted to get close to nature? Like really close? Bushwacking is easily the best way to do this. You will be in constant contact with shrubs, trees, moss, and rocks.
The current plan is to do Hastings Peak near Seymour. I expect this to be a light B1/B2 bushwhack. I may change this to something else if I find that someone has gone and made a trail. If people are feeling hardcore, then there is a B4 objective we can do...
This trip is kinda beginner-friendly as long as you're willing to suffer. That being said, you should probably have a reasonable amount of hiking experience and proper footwear.