VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Mazama Thanksgiving Climbing · Fri. Oct. 6th, 2023 - Mon. Oct. 9th, 2023
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Friday, Oct. 6th, 5:00 pm
End: Monday, Oct. 9th, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 4th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom
Mazama is a super underrated climbing destination located in Washington's interior, with both cragging and multipitch options, as well as alpine objectives at nearby Washington Pass. Let's spend Thanksgiving weekend climbing and exploring around out there!
This trip is for those with at least Rock 2 skills (proficient at building anchors) with Rock 3 or above highly preferred. Priority will be given to those with adequate experience, equipment, and to drivers.
The general plan is to depart Friday afternoon/evening and set up a base camp near Mazama. From there we will climb on Saturday, Sunday, and part of Monday before returning. I might try to find a hike with yellow larches for the last day depending on weather.
You'll need gear for camping and sport climbing, though some things like tents and stoves can be shared.
Feel free to get in touch with me if you have any questions!