VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Suffer Week Deep Cove Bike Ride · Wednesday, October 11th, 2023
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Oct. 11th, 1:00 pm
End: Wednesday, Oct. 11th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: email faff
I'll have 4 midterms in 5 days this week (1 Friday, 2 Tuesday, 1 Wednesday) and to celebrate being done those, let's go biking to Deep Cove! I was thinking of copying my sister Fiona and her friends' loop which will amount to about 60 km of cycling and 550 m of elevation gain (at least). Our destination in Deep Cove? Honey Doughnuts & Goodies, as recommended by Fiona. Any extra loops or distance can be discussed and agreed upon by the group (an extension into Seymour Valley maybe?)!
I'll be leaving from the Bike Kitchen at 1 (enough time to eat after my midterm), but people could definitely join us along the way. Any road bike should be fine for this trip, I personally do not own anything fancy like even at all. I prefer participants to have biked similar distances before, we definitely won't be trying to win any races, but it'd be more fun if we can be a cohesive group biking at a similar pace.
Things to bring:
- helmet (mandatory)
- spare tube (and knowledge of how to change tubes) and repair kit
- bike lights
- snacks and water
- ability to bike decently long distances in possibly rainy weather. If it's absolutely pouring then we'll reschedule.