VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Workhike: Beverley Creek backcountry ski trail · Sunday, October 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Oct. 21st
I'm organizing two consecutive work days on trails for backcountry skiing in the Callaghan Valley on October 20-21. Sign up for one day or both days. There is no trip meeting - please commit or bail by Wednesday October 17th at 6pm. I'll organize rides, food, etc by email or wiki.
The beverley creek trail is a gentle trail up the Beverley Creek Valley. It's suitable for beginner skiers, but it takes a while to get to good yoyo skiing terrain. The trail gains 300m in 4.5km. There are some nice meadows with moderate slopes at the head of the valley. Work to be done on this trail will be a lot of building bridges to help the snow bridge over creeks and swampy areas. There will also be some clearing work too. The vegetation on the trail is mainly huckleberry and blueberry bushes. These are easy to bushwhack through, and also tasty if there are any berries left.