VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Pacific Spirit Ultramarathon · Saturday, March 23rd, 2024
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Mar. 23rd, 8:00 am
Come join a handful of other deranged runners as we cover every trail in Pacific Spirit in a single push.
I don't expect a huge turnout, so I'm happy to make some of the decisions about this event more democratic. The current event date is just a placeholder; if the date doesn't work for you, but you're keen on running this, sign up as interested anyways. We can sort out a time that works for more people once we have some signups.
This is not the first time UBC students have undertaken the challenge of running Pacific Spirit; I have a GPX file from when it was done before that shows just under 60km with 700m of elevation gain. That's pretty flat for an ultra! Plus, you're never too far from civilization, making this a pretty good option if you're new to ultrarunning.
That being said, I plan on creating a longer route that also covers the trails on Wreck Beach; I expect this to be a fair bit longer and with more elevation gain. Runners are free to run either course, with the route choice noted in the results.
No registration fee, but also no aid stations or official support. This is a race in name only. There are also no route markers, so either come prepared with the course GPX downloaded or go retro with a paper map.
(GPX & map to be provided at a later date)
Prizes include bragging rights and feeling good about yourself. I'll also write a trip report immortalizing your accomplishments (or DNF) on the VOC website.
Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about the event!