VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Pump Peak Beacon Practice and Skiing (Intermediate Friendly) · Saturday, December 9th, 2023
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Dec. 9th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Dec. 6th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Zoom
Looking at heading out to pump peak/brockton point to practice some AST skills such as beacons and snow conditions. While the goal is to practice beacon searching this is not a begineer friendly trip and is more of a chance to practice skills from AST1 for the comming season. As such I am requiring everyone on this trip has at least completed their AST1. This is also not an instructional trip, I am not a mountain guide and will be providing zero instruction.
This should be a good time if you're looking to practrice your AST skills and get a few laps in the seymour backcountry (Avi conditions permitting). Avi gear is also obviously required.
The plan is to head up to pump peak in the morning and practice becon searching plus risk assesment and then have a chill rest of the day skiing around pump or brockton point. Looking to bring approx 10 people.