VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Day trip to Brew Hut · Saturday, October 27th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 27th, 7:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 24th, 5:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
For a bit of exercise, come up to the Brew Hut on Saturday, then turn around and hike back out. This should be around 10 kms return. You will need boots and gaiters, which you might find in VOC Gear, a raincoat and other warm waterproof clothes, which you might find at the VOC Gearswap, or borrow. A lunch and some water, gloves or mitts, No special skills or equipment needed.
This is probably about the latest in the year you can hope to drive the 7 kms of logging road, reducing the hiking into Brew to 5 kms.
There is one problem though. If you want a ride in my car, I have three empty seats, and if you want one, you'd better get back to me pretty quickly, before they are all gone. Of course if you have a car, then we have room for more people.