VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Mt Sumas Hike- Beginner Friendly · Sunday, December 16th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Dec. 16th
Skiing is all the rage these days, but sometimes it's good to mix in some other things. We were going to do Crickmer but I decided against it because the chance of summiting that thing in the current conditions is low. Instead, we're hiking this random bump in the fraser Valley called Mt. Sumas. I do thoroughly expect to be punching holes in snow.
This trip is beginner friendly but as always, requires a reasonable level of physical fitness and some basic equipment- hiking or mountaineerg boots, gaiters, poles, and maybe even an ice axe if you know how to use it (although I didn't bring one last time and I was just fine. The guidebook says it'll take 6.5 hours- actual results may vary.
It will be somewhat snowy. Let's organize this by message board and avoid having a pre-trip meeting.
Update: Bring snowshoes if you want.