VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
50 & 90 Hour Wilderness First Aid · Sunday, February 10th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Feb. 10th
*Since we need 10 people signed up to get the discount, signup has been extended.
Ever wondered what you would do if you or a friend was inured in the backcountry?
Slipstream First Aid is once again offering the VOC a roughly 40% discount on their 50-hour and 90-hour Wilderness First Aid courses. These courses have been taken my members of the VOC in the past and have recieved very positive feedback. To keep things flexible, Slipstream is allowing us to purchase course vouchers that are good for one year from purchase. With your voucher you can select any course date and location that works for you. Please signup using the signup tool by Sunday, January 13th.
Please see Slipstream's website for course dates and info.
Discounted prices are as follows:
50-hour course: $285 + tax = $319.20
90-hour course: $475 + tax = $532
IMPORTANT: This offer is conditional on at least 10 vouchers being purchased. Please only signup as 'Committed' if you are absolutely sure that you have the funds and intent to purchase a voucher. When signup is over—provided we have 10 or more people signed up—I will email everyone concerning making payment in the clubroom and then we will get your vouchers to you as quickly as possible!
Post any questions you may have on the message thread!
Note: Disregard the start date for this trip. Because the vouchers are good for one year after purchase, there is no set start date. That's in your hands!