VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Garibaldi Lake Crossover · Sat. Sep. 10th - Sun. Sep. 11th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Sep. 10th, 7:00 am
End: Sunday, Sep. 11th, 8:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Sep. 7th, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: At The BBQ, beach, foot of Tolmie Street
Two ways to get to Garibaldi Lake for the average tourist are via the Barrier Trail and via Helm Meadows. The idea is to do a crossover, starting at one trailhead and ending up at the other one. If we have at least two cars for this, we can start from either end and meet up to camp in the middle, at Helm Meadows if that campsite is still available, or at Taylor Meadows otherwise. If we camp at Helm we can explore Panorama Ridge, Helm Glacier, and the Tusk, if weather permits and we feel like it.