VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
ACC Avalanche Gear; Orientation & Practice for Beginners · Thursday, February 14th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Thursday, Feb. 14th, 5:00 pm
End: Thursday, Feb. 14th, 10:00 pm
The ACC organizes monthly avi gear practice sessions. They first meet at 17h00 at MEC on Broadway in case anyone needs to rent gear and to organize shared cars. The meetup point after that is a coffee shop just before the road up to Seymour. Finally everyone drives up to Seymour. There is a little explanatory session inside the day lodge, then everyone goes to practice rescuing backpacks. Rescue groups of 3-4 are formed, the groups are timed and feedback is given. Follow the "External Link" for signup and more details.
Note: This event is for ACC members, but all VOC members get a free ACC Vancouver membership, so make use of it!Also Note: The ACC is looking for additional non-beginner people to help with the managing of the rescue groups. Email Rob Brusse for more info.