VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner friendly Paul's Ridge (?) yo-yo skiing · Sunday, April 14th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Apr. 14th, 6:00 am
Pre-trip meeting location: no meeting. organized through email/message board
Can only ski Sunday this weekend. Wondering if there would be interest in a ski trip possibly to Paul's Ridge. If the group ends up being somewhat more experienced or adventurous we could consider alternative destinations. The aim would be to get out for some activity and general merriment.
EDIT: Please make sure you have the following gear:
Alpine Touring (AT) skis or Telemark skis or Split board
Boots compatible with skis or split board
Climbing skins (must fit your skis or split board)
Avalanche transceiver (also known as a beacon)
Club gear can be rented for free, but you need to bring cash deposit (see: http://www.ubc-voc.com/wiki/Gear_rental).
Club hours for today (Thursday) and tomorrow (Friday) are 12:30-13:30 and 12:00-13:00. MEC is also an option for rental but won't be free.
If you are completely new to backcountry ski travel (need advice) or have other questions, do holler.