VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner friendly Brandywine ski/snowshoe daytrip · Saturday, June 1st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 1st, 6:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Thursday, May. 30th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Steph and I are organizing a ski or snowshoe up beautiful Brandywine
This is a beginner friendly trip in the sense that no special skills
are required and that we'll wait for everyone. It doesn't mean that
this is an "easy" hike: Total elevation gain will be between 900 and
1200 meters, and some sections are moderately steep, but nothing is
overly difficult or exposed. It'll be a long, but fun day.
It's up to you whether you want to bring snowshoes (easier) or skis
(more fun on the way down), but please indicate your preference when
signing up, and also tell me how much skiing/hiking experience you
have. (No previous experience is necessary, but I'd like to have an
Snowshoes and telemark skis can be rented from the club for a deposit
(cash only). Check out when the gear room is open for rentals:
The general gear to bring on a ski day trip can also be found on the wiki:
PLEASE: If you think you don't "need" to bring something in that
list, ask me first. Despite being "beginner friendly", going into the
mountains means you need to be prepared.
There will be a pre-trip meeting on the Thursday just before the
trip, at 18:30 in the clubroom. There, we'll sort out rides, go over
the plan and I'll attempt to answer all your questions. If you can't
come to the pre-trip meeting, send someone to represent you.