VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
I want to Ride my Bicycle - Salt Spring Island · Sat. Jun. 18th - Sun. Jun. 19th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- This trip does not have an associated Message Board Thread.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Jun. 18th, 6:00 am
End: Sunday, Jun. 19th, 9:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Jun. 15th, 5:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Club Room
We'll be biking from Vancouver to Tsawwassen and take the ferry to Salt Spring Island. There we'll explore the famous Saturday market and bike around the island. We'll camp in the Ruckle Provincial Park and have a relaxed Sunday at the beach or bike around more and make our way back to Vancouver.
Biking to Tsawwassen we'll have to go through a tunnel that is not passable by bike. There is a shuttle bus going but it only can take officially 7 bikes, unless there are not many passengers. So I'll figure out logistics before hand. Another option would to take a longer different way or have someone with a car shuttle the bikes. We'll see. Suggestions and ideas are welcome!
If you have a car with which you potentially can shuttle a number of bikes, please indicate!
What to bring: you regular camping gear, food stove, headlamp,...
We'll share bike pump, bring repair kit in case of flat tire, maybe a replacement tube,... make sure everything fits on your bike or back so that you can bike comfortably for several hours!