VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly Lions Day Trip from Cypress Resort · Sunday, July 21st
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- External Link: For extra information not hosted on the VOC site.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Jul. 21st, 7:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Jul. 16th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Kits Beach by one of the lying logs
*Updated: July 19, 2013
We decided to take the Cypress-Lion trail.
There will be loose rocks near the summit. If you are not comfortable with scrambling on loose rocks, I recommend to hike back down or wait and enjoy the view until the brave ones return, since this is not a loop trail. Summitting West Lion requires scrambling or rock climbing experience. If you slip, you might die.
Helmets are mandatory to protect yourselves from loose rocks and rocks pushed down from inexperienced people hiking on top of you. If you don't have one, you can borrow one from the club.
There is probably not a lot of snow up to the Lions. Ice axes are not necessary.
Although this trip is beginner-friendly, you should be able to carry at least 2L of water and lunch. Please bring readily-prepared lunch so that no cooking is necessary.
What else to bring? http://www.ubc-voc.com/wiki/Gear_list#hiking_day_trip
If you have any questions at all, feel free to post on the message board or email me.