VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner-friendly Hike and Scramble Day trip up Brandywine Mountain · Saturday, October 8th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 8th, 7:16 am
End: Saturday, Oct. 8th, 7:16 am
Pre-trip meeting: Tuesday, Oct. 4th, 6:30 pm
As there are midterms spread around October, I'm doing a daytrip. This is a beginner-friendly one-day scrambling trip up to summit Brandywine Mountain. Ever since passing by it on my first trip with the VOC, I've always wanted to get back to it.
We will be going through Brandywine Meadows which is known for being beautiful, and the views I recall will be spectacular as well. It's about 1500m elevation gain I think, I'll check back and edit this if otherwise.
You will need good boots and a helmet(you can borrow them from the club), and maybe trekking poles for the way down as it is steep.
Here is a link for the route: http://www.trailpeak.com/trail-Brandywine-Mountain-near-Whistler-BC-527
More details later!