VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
VOC slideshow: Trip and accident report · Wednesday, October 9th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Oct. 9th, 7:00 pm
He wanted to have a relaxing weekend, canoeing on a beautiful alpine lake and helping the club on a workhike trip. The day ended up with a dramatic helicopter rescue, 11 days in the hospital and half a year write-off.
Anything can happen in the mountains at any time.
Come and join Shane to relive that day he would never forget.
Room: Henry Angus 235!