VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Skaha Thanksgiving Climbing Extravaganza · Sat. Oct. 12th - Mon. Oct. 14th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Oct. 12th
End: Monday, Oct. 14th
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 9th, 6:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: Clubroom
Stoked to use your newly gained knowledge from Longhike? Want to climb somewhere new and different? Know that going sending rock will improve midterm marks? (this is more-or-less 100% guaranteed) Let's go on a climbing trip!
Leavenworth (photo by Moos van Caspel)
Vantage (photo by Jannu Casanova)
Skaha (photo by Ryan Goldsbury)
We will be going to Skaha Bluffs, just outside of Penticton, BC. Skaha provides a lot of fantastic sport and trad climbing for all levels. Possible locations for this trip are Vantage (mostly sport), Leavenworth (mostly trad), and Skaha (mostly sport). The final location will be decided upon by interest and weather. If it's really nice, maybe people will prefer to stay in Squamish to climb slab. Note that Vantage and Leavenworth are in Washington, which may cause border headaches depending on your nationality. We'll drive out either Friday night or Saturday morning and camp until Monday. We'll try to camp as a group and meet up in the evenings, but will go our separate ways each day.
This trip is not instructional, nor beginner friendly. There will not be any supervision or checking of climbing systems. You, or someone you are climbing with, must be confident to do things safely and independently. We will separate during the day and won't be climbing as a group, so it is all up to individual climbing groups.