VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Early Season Skiing- Black Tusk- Nov 2-3 · Saturday, November 2nd
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where members of the exec and the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going" (members can also sign themselves up as "actually going" on this trip, using the signup page).
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Saturday, Nov. 2nd
Those interested in skiing on the 2ndh and 3rd, feel free to sign up here.
This trip is open to those of all levels. Fitness to some extent is required.
The location is Black Tusk, access via Helm Creek or Garibaldi Lake is yet to be decided.
This trip is slightly tentative due to freezing level. If it's raining higher than 1900 meters and nobody signs up, it's a no go. Otherwise there should be snow wether or not there's powder to cover it and so far, freezing levels aren't too too high.
The skiing is under the scenic volcanic pillar of Black Tusk just after halloween would be fantastic.
Keep in mind that there is no glacier skiing and whiteout conditions won't stop you from getting those October turns you've been looking for.