VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Intermediate-friendly scrambling trip to Needle Peak · Sunday, October 20th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Oct. 20th
Pre-trip meeting: Friday, Oct. 18th, 4:30 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: IK Barber at Ike's Cafe - I'll have a red Sigg bottle with me ;-)
Want to get awesome views with some scrambling along the way to keep things interesting? I'm excited to do Needle Peak on the Coquihalla as I haven't recreated there yet. This will most likely involve snow on portions of the way, so ice axe and crampons should help us on the way to the summit.
How fit and experienced do I have to be? It's only 900 m, so nothing crazy from a fitness point, but you should have *some* experience in alpine terrain with easy scrambling to keep things safe and reasonably fast (days are getting shorter!). If in doubt, feel free to ask on the board or at the pretrip meeting.
Elevation gain: ca. 900 m
Distance: ca. 13 km
More infos about the trip:
http://www.livetrails.com/trail/98/Needle_Peak (sorry, was the wrong link before)