VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Beginner Friendly, Low Output, Mt Seymour · Sunday, October 27th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- This trip does not have an associated Wiki Page.
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- Signup Page: Where you can signup, bail, edit participation entries, see/email members on the trip, etc.
- Drivers Page: Where you can arrange rides, get pickup directions and email by car.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Mark Going Page: Where the trip organizer can sign members up as "actually going".
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Sunday, Oct. 27th, 8:00 am
Pre-trip meeting: Wednesday, Oct. 23rd, 6:00 pm
Pre-trip meeting location: VOC Gear Swap
This should be both "beginner friendly" and "low output". My feet are kinda trashed, so more ambitious plans for the weekend, such as working on the trails around Callaghan, or hiking up to Wedgemont Lake, or a long drive to Skaha, wouldn't be wise for me. But the weather should be glorious, and if we don't take advantage of it, the weather gods will punish us.
If you want to do this, you will need a lunch and some water, and maybe a jacket and a hat. I have three seats in my car, so if you want one, email me fast, or post on the signup list. Of course if others want to drive and offer rides, I will attempt to issue them with passengers in some sort of efficient manner.
I live pretty close to UBC so if I can get a carload by "one stop shopping", that's especially nice.