VOC trips are organized by members like yourself, not professional guides. The trips go into wilderness areas where assistance is unavailable and unexpected events can occur. You could be seriously injured or die. You are responsible for your own actions. Please use caution.
Rockies Ice 2013 · Wed. Dec. 11th - Mon. Jan. 6th
Warning: This is an old trip - it already happened
- Details Page: Where you can see brief trip details (publicly viewable).
- Wiki Page: For additional information/organization (publicly viewable).
- Message Board Thread: Discuss this trip with other members here.
- This trip does not use the signup tool.
- Wikitext Page: From where you can cut and paste information formatted for the wiki.
- Printable List Page: Which generates a printable list of participants.
- Edit Page: Where the trip organizer can edit the entry for this trip.
- Modify Signups: Where the trip organizer can change signup classes.
Start: Wednesday, Dec. 11th
End: Monday, Jan. 6th
It looks like the idea of climbing ice in the rockies has gained some reputable interest making it necessary to implement some sort of ride organization scheme. The wiki is an attempt at that. Its mostly just a copy of Alfred's page for new years at Phelix.
My plan is to climb ice in the Rockies for pretty much the entire winter break. For me thats leaving Dec 12th (ish) and returning Jan 5th (ish) but by the looks of it I will be cycling through a list of partners coming and going. Some people might even be planning on doing a few days of skiing in the Rockies. Crazy, I know. Overall everyone will pretty much be doing their own thing within their car. We will probably be pretty limited on gear and people who are experienced on ice (i.e. can lead) so some communal cragging days may be in order. Ice is also considerably easier to second than to lead so even if you have never climbed ice before there is a pretty good chance you can second anything anyone in the VOC is willing to lead.
Nobody is actually organizing this. This is not instructional. People coming to climb ice should at the very least know how to climb rock and have basic mountaineering knowledge. Car groups should be self-sufficient. This isn't even really a trip, just a list of people who happen to be going to the Rockies at some point during Dec/Jan and would like to sort out rides.